The new shopping cart functionality brings added value to medium-sized and large companies in particular. As soon as a technician finds a suitable product and places it in the shopping cart, it can be easily emailed to the buyer. The buyer has then all the information necessary to request a price quote. This functionality reduces errors such as transposed digits or erroneous item descriptions during the ordering process. Additionally, there is no need for any time-consuming copying or re-entering of information by the buyer.
“We’re very excited about this new website”, says Rainer Mehrer, CEO of FIPA. “The system of categorization products and line-of-business applications, combined with the optimized search function, enable automation specialists and material-flow experts to quickly find suitable products. Functions such as the pricing list and the option to redirect the shopping cart simplify the request for price quotes.”
The new website at a glance:
- Categorized similar to FIPA catalogs: The navigation is geared towards the familiar categorization structure of FIPA’s catalogs. Users can quickly find what they are looking for.
- Convenient shopping cart functionality: Technicians select products and buyers purchase them. This allocation of tasks, which is particularly common in large firms, is supported by the new shopping cart functionality. This means that customers can save themselves unnecessary work and avoid typing errors.
- Flexible search: Quickly search for item numbers and specific terms. There is also a special search function that optimizes the search results by setting specified parameters.
- Automatic recommendations: When users find the product they are searching for, they can redirect the relevant information automatically to their colleagues.
- Obtaining price quotes: Each product page offers the opportunity to request a price quote. After entering some basic information, the request can be forwarded directly to FIPA.
- Downloading CAD data after registration: Users can download CAD data of the products free of charge. This simplifies the integration of FIPA products into packaged solutions.