We are not afraid of heavy weights.
Maximum freedom when handling sheet metals.
High quality, design, functionality, and a long cycle life - expectations placed upon metal and sheet metal products are growing considerably. Products must be produced in a cost-effective manner with minimal weight while maintaining structural integrity.
Here, the issue of hot working has a central role, and likewise groups together individual work steps such as hot working, trimming, and the punching of holes to create a single production step. In addition, the individual machines should also be able to communicate with other plants. Data exchange along the entire production chain enables optimised production processes with increased planning safety, more flexibility, productivity, and better product quality.
As a result requirements increasingly relate to automatic control, monitoring, and the evaluation of processes. Interface management becomes more important, even in the case of the smallest components such as ejectors for vacuum generation. Broad product diversity along with reduced lot sizes results in increased complexity in the processing of sheet metal and the demand for effective, highly flexible solutions.
Our process optimization solutions are used in both press plants and car body construction. Robot-based automation increases cycle times while improving plant productivity significantly. Automobile manufacturers are therefore able to offer short delivery times and produce profitably. Large and heavy sheet metal parts are moved with efficient lifting technology.
Appliances that are referred to as white goods can be found in almost every household. They are usually made from very thin pieces of sheet metal with numerous shaped sections, which makes handling a challenge. As household appliances always have a large number of visible parts, low-marking handling that protects surfaces is an essential requirement of our vacuum cups. Our wide product range makes this possible.
The benefits of FIPA solutions for handling sheet metal
- Highly wear-resistant materials for the dynamic handling of dry and oiled sheet metal parts in pressing plants and for shell and body construction
- Vacuum cups that are free from silicone and PWIS for low-marking handling and trouble-free subsequent painting
- Gripping spiders “FIPA Spider” for robot-aided or manual handling of large sheet metal parts
- Efficient vacuum generation with integrated parts control for maximum process safety in sheet metal processing
- Innovative gripper systems that intelligently combine suction technology with pneumatic End-of-Arm-Tooling (for example, rubberised grippers for gently handling optically high-quality surfaces)